FAQs

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ambien: Letter SENT to My Legislators!

For those of you still following the 'Ambien Saga', today I emailed the following to ALL of my state legislators. So, I'm keeping up the fight. I have removed all identifying details for privacy purposes. I felt proud of myself for doing this...I've always been politically aware and ALWAYS vote, but I've never actually written to any politicians!

I'm already fired up about the 2008 elections and I love getting my friends all fired up too--especially the ones who I know will go nuts when I tell them who I'm voting for! :) All in good fun...

While I appreciate the nurse case worker from MA, we are both equally in the dark about what in the world MA wants me to do in order to get Ambien (and she WORKS for them!). It's ridiculous!

Dear Representative:

I am writing as one of your constituents who is a person with a disability and a recipient of Medical Assistance (MA). I am also sending this to other state legislators.

MA continues to make it more and more difficult for recipients to receive services and medications, especially since its induction of stricter formularies and a hearing process to receive denied medications.

I am using my case to make you aware of what horrific circumstances MA recipients are going through to try to receive necessary medications. I have attached direct links to entries on my blog describing my experience.

The first entry is an explanation of the demeaning process I went through: http://adancinglight.blogspot.com/2007/07/ambien-hearing-fight-for-something.html

The second is, in essence, a letter to YOU: http://adancinglight.blogspot.com/2007/07/ambien-letter-to-my-state.html

I ask that you read these entries, as I speak on behalf of ALL MA recipients going through the same struggles.

I also ask that you intervene on my behalf to help me receive this medically necessary medication.

I thank you for your good work and service over the years to our state.

Sincerely,

Emily

No comments: