FAQs

Thursday, June 25, 2015

My 17 Year CeLeBrAtIoN! :)



Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: Marjie and Me

Afternoon Visit with Rebekah, Katie, and Kale (Quinn Wouldn't Join Us for a Photo! :))

After three days of reflective posts, it's time for a light and fluffy one.

Just as I described in my anniversary post on the 18th, I celebrated my Anniversary of Getting Sick by 1. Going to Visit Rebekah and her new baby girl, Katie, and 2. Going out for after dinner drinks with the girls.

Sleeping Beauty


First up was my visit with Miss Rebekah and Miss Katie, who was just one day shy of being one month old. 



New Mommy Again!


Notable: This is the first time I have actually seen the upstairs of Rebekah's house because I can finally do the stairs! Whoop Whoop! 

I was also able to show up at her house with a gift in hand, including fresh flowers that Mom and I picked up at the grocery store on the way over. I took so much joy in being able to go into the store sans Rolls, pick out the flowers, purchase them and take them over to Rebekah's.  This is such a simple act that people do every day and it gave me such a sense of accomplishment and hope. I also laughed because Mom had to show me how to use the self-checkout machine. :)




Miss Katie let me hold her a lot. :) 






Kale adores his little sister, loves to help take care of her, and most especially loves to kiss her on the forehead. When I captured this series of moments between Kale, Rebekah and Katie, I just couldn't resist posting because they are so tender and sweet.


Bright Eyed! Please Note My Pink Bow!

Miss Katie woke up and opened her eyes before I left! :)

I so love my time visiting with Rebekah--she was the perfect person to spend the afternoon with. What a contrast to think about having met her as my caregiver when I was very very sick, and now to be over at her house on my anniversary hanging out and snuggling with her new baby.

I was grateful to spend time with a good friend and her family. Thank you, Rebekah, for your decade of friendship and caring.

I Couldn't Resist This Evite!

After my visit with Rebekah, it was time for a nap and then...

Girls' Night Out!

Clockwise: Christine, Me, Marjie, Monica, Olivia, Danielle, Melissa, Megan, Leslie (Barb is Hiding Behind the Camera! Ha!)


This time of year, it sure is hard to get a group of girls together, but those of us who could make it had a lots of fun. I had a mix of girls from all different social circles, but everyone managed to gel just fine. I admit I was a little nervous about that! :)

I was joined by neighbors, high school friends, Jewish group friends, my step-sister and two new friends. 

We were all a little frustrated by how long it took us to get our drinks, and I'm thankful the girls all kept their spirits up in light of the celebration.



Danielle (neighbor) and Melissa (Just Jewish Girls Group)

Leslie (New Friend Through Our CSA), Barb (Ha! Got her NOT Behind The Camera), and Christine (Old High School Friend)

Making Goofy Faces

I ordered a citrus martini on the rocks and it took me two hours to drink it. :) 

We toasted to my health and celebrated life.

Everyone got along really well.

I sat up in my new short dress for over 2 hours. And that was in addition to having visited Rebekah earlier that day!


Citrus Martini


I'll never forget this anniversary--the one that I found myself in a place of CELEBRATING instead of MOURNING or GRIEVING. 

I want to thank all of the girls who made the extra effort to come out and celebrate with me in the midst of their busy schedules and enjoy our little Partini. I want to thank Rebekah for her friendship and for sharing her new baby girl with me.

To Life!

Blessings,

Emily


No comments: