FAQs

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Snowbirding Again!



View of the 18th Hole from the Condo


Mom and I are officially snowbirds again this year!


Our View


We left snowy, cold, windy Pennsylvania on Valentine's Day and have spent the week getting settled down here at Sunset Beach. 

Unfortunately, the weather here has also been cold and windy and not at all beach weather, so I have not been able to get out for any StRolls around the golf resort or on the beach. No matter the weather, Mom's been walking the puppies three times a day and they are ready to snuggle every other second of the day! :) 


Living Area


We're staying in a different place this year--a condo overlooking the 18th hole of the golf course. We miss our little home from last year, but will be staying there again next year!


Eating + Puzzle Area


Since the weather has been poor (but no comparison to what everyone is experiencing back home), we've watched a movie, started a puzzle, and otherwise just spent time getting settled in here. I've found a wonderful massage therapist and gotten the latest People magazines. :) There are teeny tiny old CRT TVs here, so we ordered a TV and can't wait to catch up on Downton as well as other shows and movies. I also rented a recliner again this year.


Condo


It's taken me longer this year to feel relaxed, and I'm not fully there yet, but I'll get there. 

At the same time, it's remarkable how much better I did with the trip down here, how much more quickly I rebounded from it, how much more I'm able to do for myself this year, etc.


My Bedroom


The last few months have been a whirlwind of AMAZINGNESS! My body is just starting to come down from all of the highs and let me know it really, really, really needs some rest.

Going from illness to wellness is WONDERFUL, but also exhausting!


My Bathroom


I've been quiet on my blog for over two months now, which feels so strange. I had intended to take the holidays off and return to blogging in January, but life got in the way (in a good way). 

I hope very much that during our time at the beach I'll have some time to reflect on the past few months, share my journey and bring you up to speed on what's been going on.


Mom's Mini-Suite


As of now, the weather forecast tells me I'll have plenty of time to write.

Blessings from the Beach,

Emily



No comments: