FAQs

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Emily and Emily



Two weeks ago, I saw my childhood friend Emily for the first time in 11 years! She kept me company while I was eating dinner and we got caught up on the many changes in her life since I last saw her.


She used to live in the neighborhood here and we spent many summer days playing in our yards, 'choreographing' routines to songs we played on the Boom Box, roller skating, playing tennis in the street, etc. 


In those days she knew me as Erin, but remembered that I had always liked my middle name better.


These are the times I am so incredibly grateful for Facebook, as I had no working email address for her and no longer knew her last name (since she married). She found me on Facebook (Hooray!) and we texted back and forth to work out a visit! 


Thank you so much for visiting Emily! I'm so grateful that I was up for a short visit that day! Hopefully we will see each other on a yearly basis now, as she brings one of her family members to a camp nearby each summer.  Maybe next year I'll be able to meet her husband and kids too, but that was just too much this year.


Blessings,


Emily

Photo: Childhood friends, Emily and Emily. :) If I had more energy and knew how to do it...I'd love to find an old picture of the two of us and scan it in to my computer! She looks the same, I think!

1 comment:

M.S. said...

Before I leave town, I need to come by. I have 3 VERY full of energy children, so it probably won't be a long visit! You know my email. :)