FAQs

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick Or Treat, Smell My Feet...And Unconditional Love


Certainly no one in our house dressed for Halloween this year unless you count my pajamas as a costume, so here are pictures of some of my favorite people. Hunter and his cousin, Laura (who now lives with the 'T' family), stopped over and made my day! Poor Miss A just had her tonsils and adenoids out, so she didn't make it.

Hunter is dressed as a girl, Laura as a gypsy, and Anne came as herself. :)

On Wednesday after my infusion and lunch, Mom drove me to the T family's house to drop off a little pre-surgery gift for Miss A. I wasn't sure I wanted to even walk from the car to their door. I did. And was greeted so enthusiastically by the entire family--everyone was home!

I haven't really been out of the house since surgery except for a couple of short drives and a doctor's appointment.

I stayed for a short while at the T family home before Anne drove me home. Not only did I get to visit with the entire family--Scott, Anne, Alexandra, Hunter and Laura (whom I just met for the first time), but I also went over there in my pajamas, hair a mess, no make-up on, and probably not smelling super clean (bathing is extremely hard with the port, but more on that later).

As I've mentioned before, it's very hard for me to let people see me sick and very few people have actually seen what things really look like when I'm sick. I'm always embarrassed or afraid it will make me less lovable.

But Wednesday afternoon I realized that the entire T family loves me no matter what I look like or how I'm feeling that day. Of course, they've told me this a zillion times but I'm slow to take things in.

Maybe Miss A and I can hang out in bed and watch some TV one day since she will be home from school for ten days!




Just as I was signing in to the computer tonight to post the picture of Hunter and Alexandra, I saw this picture in my inbox. It's Nephew David! Cluck, cluck, cluck! I suppose I'm partial, but isn't he the cutest?

Hope you had a Happy Halloween!

Did any of your Trick or Treaters say Trick or Treat Smell My Feet? Our little neighbor boy said that tonight, and it was the first time I'd heard that one!

On a side note, I tried to take today just to decompress from the last couple of weeks--which has meant resting and a movie (WALL-E!). My port site is improving every day pain-wise and I'm gaining movement in my arm each day. At this point, I am pretty sure that the level of fatigue, weakness, and lousiness I'm feeling is due to the antibiotics. I do have good intentions about keeping up my blog on these topics, but it's still not quite happening!

Blessings,

Emily

Photos: Hunter and Laura stop over for a Halloween visit; David in his chicken costume.


No comments: