FAQs

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Earliest Snow On Record Here!

Snow-covered Pumpkin
(Pumpkins courtesy of my dad for my birthday. He even glued the stem back on this one when it fell off (so Farmer Dad of him).)

Here are some photos of history in the making today. We had the earliest recorded snowfall on record here locally, breaking a record from 1901 of snowfall on October 18th.

Of course I had to try to get some pictures with my camera. When the wet half-rain, half-snow started this morning on our way to my Rocephin shot I wasn't too excited about another cold, dreary, wet day. But as the snow turned to big white flakes and began to accumulate, I found myself just wanting to watch the snow decorating the autumn colors around the yard.

As of last check (11:00 PM it's still snowing! I hope it's still there when I wake up and head to my last shot in the morning). I think the pumpkin covered in snow sort of sums up the day.



Leaves and Snow

I hurried outside earlier in the day to take a picture of this same scene (the leaves protected from the snow by the tree above in contrast to the leaves covered in snow) thinking surely the snow wouldn't last long. But it kept snowing so I had to go back outside and get more pictures before my nap.


Snow-covered Leaf

Here are some pictures from our history-making snowfall and a little break from medical-related posts!.


More Leaves and Snow!


Redbud Tree Covered In Snow


My Burning Bush


My Burning Bush


Sedum


Grasses


Hope you have a good weekend,

Blessings,

Emily

2 comments:

M.S. said...

I'm glad you have snow and I don't! Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures!

Rachel Lundy said...

Beautiful pictures!!!!