FAQs

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Asher Celebrates Hanukkah!

On Sunday (a week and a half ago) with a  new medication in my system that raises blood pressure, I was able to go on a brief little outing.  We stopped at our favorite local pet store--where we buy our dog food, dog treats and toys. Even Asher can come in to the store! It's a wonderful, animal-friendly place focused on the best welfare of our pets. An incredibly special and joyful place to go.

They always have some sort of homemade goodies for the pooches. When Mom pointed out these decorated Hanukkah cookies, I have to admit I couldn't resist purchasing one for Asher. Doesn't it look good enough for a human to eat?!

Since the cookie might go stale, Asher got to eat it last week before Hanukkah actually started (but he didn't know the difference). He is hoping for more fun presents from Dad and Abbie for Christmas. He asked for Racket balls and some squeaky toys.

He wasn't quite sure about the icing at first! So he tried to lick it off before he ate the cookie.

It seems the cookie was pretty tasty. Here he is with that look: "Is that it? Do you have anymore for me?" 

Tonight, during Hanukkah he got to eat the heart from a chicken Mom made. Cute pictures to follow, of course.

I know, I'm crazy about my dog. He's such a good reminder of being present and enjoying life. Sometimes I'm not sure who enjoys the times we share together more--me or him? He makes me take a 'time out' and focus on the moment.  That's what I did while he munched away on his Hanukkah cookie one afternoon last week. I had a little treat of candy corn for myself. 

Whatever you celebrate, I hope this post finds you spending the holidays with those you love (yes, pets count!).  And some yummy homemade cookies! :)

Blessings,

Emily

Photos:  Asher eating his Hanukkah cookie!

No comments: