FAQs

Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Sunday Afternoon Drive...


Every Sunday afternoon Dad and Abbie go for a drive through the countryside of Pennsylvania, stopping somewhere along the way for a rootbeer float (Dad) and some ice cream (Abbie). (Yes, I'm trying to get my Dad to break this addiction!).


Today, I decided I hadn't kept my committment to going on outings, especially since increasing my Lyme meds. I certainly gave D and A both a suprise when I called their cell phones asking if I could tag along for a ride. So, I got to pick where we went.


I took a zillion photos and this is still only a handful of them. I arrived home exhausted, but happy to have gotten out.


It was a very perfect day in our valley. So many of my friends have never been to see where I live and I wanted to share these pictures of a beautiful day in Pennsylvania. We think it's pretty nice here. :)


Enjoy and Happy Monday! :) (Britt, that 'Happy Monday' part is especially for you!).


First stop: The lookout.


And yes, Asher came along for the ride too and is quite tuckered out from all of the sightseeing.


The lookout is just about a 15 minute drive from our house partway up one of the mountains (we live in a valley). I have not been able to go here for years and have been longing to go.


You can see the entire valley from here. This is a shot of the more rural areas.

Me, Abbie and Asher hanging out! :)
Posted by Picasa
Note: To view the collage in full, subscribers will need to go to my blog itself rather than stay in email. Left click anywhere on the collage and it will enlarge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy when you decide to start blogging again, you go at it full force!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I have a tendency to forget just how beautiful it is there and it's nice to have the reminder. It makes me a little homesick, but I love seeing it.

Thanks!