FAQs

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Nap Time!


I'm not sure where the idea came that crates for dogs are 'mean.' All of our dogs have loved their crates. And Asher is no exception...


Dogs are such creatures of habit it's remarkable. Today, at precisely 3:30 Asher decided to head for his daily nap in his crate without even being told 'Go take a nap.' I hadn't headed to nap myself yet, but his internal clock knew it was nap time.


Usually I say, "Asher, go take a nap." And off he goes to his crate. I've also trained him to open the crate door if it is closed. He's always very proud of himself when he I tell him, "Open" and he gets the door open by batting at it with his paw.


His neck has been hurting him lately, so he has his nice little pillow to rest his head on. I couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures of Asher's nap time. :)


Speaking of nap time...it's time for MY nap!


Blessings,


Emily


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

M.S. said...

My 2 year old saw the picture and said, "PUPPY!" Yeah... we don't have a dog or cat... she wishes we did.

Qavah said...

Hahaha! That's so cute. I can't believe you trained him to open his own crate! Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oscar is a crate dog too :) I think of it as his bedroom ;-)