FAQs

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Next Stop: A Farm in the Valley


After we went to the lookout, we drove through the rural areas and farmland that can be seen in the view from the lookout.

We just stopped at one of the farms along the way to get some pictures of what I think are absolutely classic pictures of Pennsylvania. The images I've posted remind me so much of Pennsylvania. I love the contrast of the mountains and valleys--the mountains as a backdrop to the farms.


Although the landscape is a bit different than that in Iowa, I sure did miss Iowa and my family there even more when we pulled into the driveway to this farm.


Sadly, so many of the farms in this area are being bought and developed. I have trouble getting used to how much things have changed over the past 30 plus years! Our house used to be surrounded by cornfields on all four sides! Now, there are none.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: