FAQs

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy 65th Birthday Dad!

A VERY HAPPY 65TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU DAD!


This evening, we celebrated my Dad's 65Th birthday!

My mom cooked, and Dad and Abbie came over for dinner and gifts. Now that's about the best you can ask for from divorced and remarried parents I think! I still find it a bit comical though, but it was a fun evening and I think Dad enjoyed being with all of us. What a crazy family we are!

Abbie made us all laugh really hard when she referred to how Dad didn't know when classes started until he was over here one day a few weeks ago and said something to my mom about classes starting after Labor Day. Mom told him that they started BEFORE Labor Day. Tonight, Abbie said: "It's a good thing you told him when classes start--not after Labor Day! And the RETIRED ex-wife had to tell him that?!" Her comment brought humor and lightness to what could be considered an awkward family situation.

We're really fortunate to be able to all be together and feel okay about it. It's taken us a long time to get here, but I know we are very lucky--and that I am very lucky.


In the two top photos Dad is sporting his new Floyd's Barbershop hat. And I'm wearing one too. Asher wanted to be part of the action too. Aren't we cute? Dad LOVES Andy Griffith, Mayberry and his Floyd's Barbershop hats. So, I got him THREE. This way, next time he loses his he won't have to worry!


Dad, sporting yet another Floyd's hat! And he looks so much younger than 65 right? Or at least he wants to think so. Every year he says he's going to 'become more mature' (because he is full of juvenile wisecracks and pranks). Then, when his birthday arrives he says he'll wait until next year. Lately, though, he's been consistently saying 'I'll become more mature when I turn 65'. So Dad, you're 65! Time to become more mature! Do you think you can do it?



Abbie, Dad and me.

Wishing you the best 65Th year you could possibly have Dad!

Love,

your Champ
Posted by Picasa

No comments: