FAQs

Sunday, August 19, 2007

BIG Outing: Off to See 14 Wheaten Puppies!


Posted by Picasa

We all know I've been overly verbose lately in the blogging department! So, today I'll just leave you with a collage of fun pictures that will, hopefully, start off your Monday with a smile!

To make the collage larger
, double click on it and you will be able to see all of the pictures in a larger window. (Subscribers, you will have to go to my actual blog to do this).

Today, me, Mom, and our neighbors (Anne, Alexandra and Hunter) all went on an outing to see 'Aunt' Betsy and her 14 Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier puppies. One litter is 5 1/2 (6 puppies) weeks old and the other litter is 6 weeks old (8 puppies). We were there to help 'socialize' the puppies.

Visiting the puppies brought back memories of 17 years ago, when we visited a litter of Betsy's puppies and picked out our Winnie Wheaten.

I'm paying a HUGE price for the outing and frankly, feel like crappola, but oh how I love Wheaten puppies. It was so neat to go, and I am grateful that I could go at all because the last couple of years I have not been able to go visit her puppies. This year she had TWO litters at the same time so it was really fun! This is my second non-doctor related outing this summer.

When we arrived home Asher was not sure what to think. He sniffed, his body became rigid and he wasn't sure if he wanted to have anything to do with us! I told him he was still our number one and we weren't bringing any new puppies home!

Here are the picture descriptions:

Row 1 (L to R):
Me, holding a puppy; Miss Alexandra snuggling up to a puppy; Puppy Kisses!; Getting my fingers chewed on with those sharp little teeth--Ouch!

Row 2 (L to R):
This puppy was born lighter than all the rest. I had a special affinity for this little one because she had purple yarn tied around her neck (all puppies are 'marked' using a ribbon or yarn color to tell them apart). When we picked Winnie she was the purple puppy in her litter; All tuckered out after all that playing!; Alexandra getting an 'Eskimo kiss'; More tuckered out puppies.


Row 3 (L to R):
Piled on top of each other--we wish we had taken a picture at the end when all of the puppies piled on top of each other to nap. It was hilarious! Each litter had a separate kennel and curled up all together to rest.; Hunter and Alexandra; Hunter and Alexandra again! I think they had fun!; Aaaah, nap time.

Row 4 (L to R):
Hunter and puppy; Me in my Lafuma with puppy; Alexandra and Little Boy Blue (boy with the blue ribbon) who got injured today--as mom reached to lift a puppy off of my lap, she stepped on this puppy's leg and he was still limping when we left--we are hoping that she did not break his leg. She feels heartsick over the whole ordeal; Anne, Hunter and puppy!

Hope your week is off to a good start. I'm starting to really dislike Mondays!

Thanks to Mom for all the great pictures! She's getting pretty savvy with that digital camera!

Blessings,

Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

The puppies are so cute!!! I'm glad you could go visit and help to socialize them. Thanks for sharing pictures of your day. It made me smile and go, "awwww...!"

I hope you recover soon from the big outing. Rest well and take care.

Love,Rachel

P.S. Cute hair clips! ;-) They look good on you.

Anonymous said...

P.P.S. One more thing! I love the picture of you on the bottom. You look so beautiful and so happy!
~ Rachel