FAQs

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Monday Dog Blog: Shenanigans (Oh, We're Baaaaack!)




Say what?

We haven't blogged since...um...August 13th?!



That is totally unacceptable. #hangsheadinshame



So, what's new with us? 

Most days consist of as much time outside as possible (weather permitting), and lots of pillow shenanigans. There are just so many ways to test out these sofa cushions.




For this class cycle, we are taking a 'tricks' class where we learn lots of, well, tricks. Kiss kiss. Get in a box. Meditate. Turn. Sit, Down, Stand, Come in sequence. Crawl. Find it. Jump it. Tunnel. Shake. And more!

Mommy's favorite is definitely meditate!

We are all so tired when we get home, but we like learning new things.

From G-man:

After a tough several months of high anxiety, Mommy and Mom realized that I wasn't enjoying many of the things I used to enjoy. Reluctantly, they put me on Prozac and continue to work with me on my behavior. I am so happy to report that I keep getting braver and braver! Mommy reminds me how very BRAVE I am and how far I have come. I still have a lot of work to do, but I am glad to feel more like myself. 



Of course, I also hope someone will sit down and snuggle with me when I am not outside being brave.



And feel kinda dejected when no one sits with me.

But Mommy has been snuggling with us a lot lately. She's in the middle of a setback, so we have her home a lot more for snuggles. 

She's also working super hard on everything related to Dysautonomia Awareness Month, so we support her by sitting next to her on the sofa while she types away. 




Tovah always likes an after dinner snuggle. 




Sometimes the sofa gets boring and there aren't any cats, dogs, squirrels, birds, bunnies, people, bikes, trucks or cars outside. It's so sad that Tovah just hangs out in her bed instead.



But, really, it's all about the sofa. Mom is afraid that sooner rather than later we're going to ruin the sofa cushions. *sigh* What's a dog to do?

Mommy's had a lot of ups and downs the past few months. We're just snuggling with her along the way. And cheering her on while she raises awareness for Dysautonomia. She tells us every day how thankful she is for us, how we remind her to come back to the present moment, how cute and precious we are, and how fortunate she is to have us.

Pretty soon we'll have some great new tricks to show you!

Happy Monday!

Blessings,

Gershwin and Tovah Rose

(Hey! Tovah Rose let me sign my name first today!)



No comments: