FAQs

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Monday Dog Blog: Gardening with Mommy!



Oh, hello there faithful readers!

Boy, do we ever have some fun news to share this week. 




One of my very favorite things is to help with the gardening.




I started out enjoying the shade of the burning bush.




But once Mom and Mommy got started with the planting, I needed to be in on the action.




I've already squished some of the marigolds Mommy planted.




Can you tell by all of that dirt on my face that I really enjoyed helping?




What made this year so different and exciting?

Well, Mommy was able to plant a bunch of marigolds and several dahlia bulbs. She spent 2 hours digging and planting!

As you can see from the photo above, Tovah and I are supervising the whole thing.

It makes us both so very happy to be outside with Mom and Mommy, and to see that Mommy can garden now too!




While I kept busy helping with the planting, Tovah discovered another new hobby.

She dug a nice hole for herself.



Then, settled in to the cool soil for a rest.



She must have learned this at the beach where she settled into the sandy holes!




Mommy was kinda like, um, what do I do with Tovah Rose now?!



What a mess she was!

We may have been quite dirty, but we had lots of fun, and Mommy was so joyful and happy that she could do more gardening and planting.

We remember when she reclined in the zero gravity chair, while watching Mom out in the yard.




In other news, Spring is great!





We still love our spot under the Kousa Dogwood tree where we can patrol a large portion of the yard.




Mommy rarely catches a shot of us on the opposite end of the yard, but here we are patrolling the far end. We wanted to say hi to Marge and Dessa who were passing by.




But then I saw this volunteer pansy and thought it looked tasty.




I thought the petal I tried was pretty good.




And doesn't my sister look so pretty next to the dandelions?





Mommy really enjoyed her gardening, and we love how much more we get to be with her outside in the yard, going for walks or training for our Dog Therapy Class.

We worked pretty hard today, and now Tovah Rose is snoring in her crate!

I need to finish this post so I can go to bed too!

Happy Monday!

Blessings,

Gershwin
Head Gardener


No comments: