FAQs

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Monday Dog Blog: Look Who's Doing Agility!



Taking a Rest. It was HOT!

I did something this summer that I never imagined I might be able to do. And it felt amazing!

I took a beginning agility class with Mom, Tovah Rose and Gershwin. 

Me and G on the Teeter Totter!


Since we got the puppies we have attended many classes from puppy kindergarten to Canine Good Citizen to agility classes. I've participated in the ones I could, and Mom has taken the puppies to some of the classes herself. When we would go to Puppy Kindergarten classes, Mom would bring along a reclining chair for me to sit in and watch the class.

Mel and Mom Encourage Miss T on the Teeter Totter

Just last fall, we took a Canine Good Citizen class and most of the time I sat like a lump on the floor. I did what work I could from a seated position.

Tovah Does the Big Tunnel!

This summer was a whole new ball game!

I was able to participate almost completely in the class, doing all of the obstacles with one dog each week (Mom and I traded off which dog we were handling). The most challenging part of the class was the summer heat.


Look at this Course! I Did ALL of These Jumps with G!

The class was really hard work. Really hard. And some evenings, I wasn't quite sure how I was going to make it through.

But I did it!


Guster: A Very Handsome Guy!

Going to class was my favorite part of every week. It was all about having fun.

Sometimes it is hard to have fun or find fun things to do when we are sick.

I loved our teacher, the other dogs, the other women in the class, and the bonding experience with T and G.


A Blurry Photo, But It Makes Me SO Happy!

I also ended every class feeling STRONG! I felt alive in my body and like it was allowing me to participate in something I longed to do for so many years. It was exhilarating.

Agility class was a perfect combination of using my new physical strength, being with my puppies, being with Mom and being with other dog lovers. I loved having an hour and a half during which all I did was focus on my fur kids and nothing else going on in my life.

How wonderful to be able to participate so fully in something that fills my heart with so much joy.

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: