FAQs

Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy 2016!



Attending a Basketball Game!


2015 ended on a wonderful note. 

I grew up attending women's college basketball games with my parents and learning to love the game. Well, after 18 years of being unable to attend a game because of the stairs, the sitting upright and most especially the LOUD noises and BRIGHT lights (and overstimulation in general), I went to a game with Mom on New Year's Eve Day! We even WON (which hasn't been happening much). Mom and I had so much fun and I can't wait to go to some more games with her.


Chef at Work!

After a short nap, Kiernan headed over to make dinner: fresh lobsters! He also made a wonderful spinach, candied pecan, pomegranate and dried cranberry salad. We had baked potatoes, a sushi appetizer and strawberries dipped in chocolate.

K and I decided that the perfect New Year's Eve to us was a yummy meal here, crawling into our PJs and watching a movie. We curled up on the sofa with the puppies and watched an old Steve Martin film, L.A. Story, and it was perfect.


No Getting Glammed Up For Us! PJs and A Movie!


2015 has been a wild ride. It's been full of new adventures, milestone after milestone, falling in love, trying new things, traveling, going out to eat, spending time with friends and family, driving, climbing the stairs, sitting upright in movie theaters and performance venues, fundraising, healing and more good news from Dr. Rowe.

 Sometimes it's been hard to keep up emotionally and physically with the changes happening in my life. So unexpected, so welcomed, so overwhelming. I never thought I'd see a year like this. This has been a year consumed by going from illness to wellness with both the joys and challenges that accompany that experience.

2015 was an incredibly special year, and I have hope that 2016 will continue to bring healing and special new adventures.

Blessings to you and yours in 2016!

Emily



No comments: