FAQs

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Dr. Rowe: The Big Fundraising Reveal + A Few Words From Him

High Five


We made our now annual trip to Hopkins this week to see Dr. Rowe. I started out the appointment by revealing the fundraising total to Dr. Rowe.

As always, I had an amazing two hour (!!!) appointment with Dr. Rowe that filled me with great hope. We have new things to try and new choices. I'll do my best to blog soon about the appointment (I know I have been terrible about keeping up with blogging lately!)


I Think He's Happy :)


Thanks to all of you who so generously donated, we raised enough money to fund Dr. Rowe with three research assistants over the summer (or in whatever time period he wants to hire them).

As you can see, he's very happy with the results of the fundraiser!


Time for the Big Reveal!


 I loaded up a little briefcase and told him he might be needing the items inside of it: three clipboards (one for each research assistant he can now hire) and a 'check' with the grand total.

The grand total?

$8,266


Receiving the 'Check'


Here is a little note from Dr. Rowe himself that he wrote to me after the appointment:


It was great to see you yesterday, and to document the progress in the last year. I so appreciate the efforts you have made to support my clinic. This is just fantastic. Among other things, this kind of fund raising helps the Department of Pediatrics know how much the work I do means to others, and keeps the wolves from my door, so to speak. All very important, along with being able to hire some really sharp and creative students each summer. I have loved having them around.



Thank you all again for your amazing support of my journey and of Dr. Rowe and his dedication to patients like myself. 

For anyone who would still like to donate, the fundraising page remains open until the end of the year. Click here to donate.

Blessings,

Emily


1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

Yay!!! Congratulations on reaching your goal! And THANK YOU for raising money that will further research and education of CFS and ANS dysfunction.