FAQs

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Thank You Lisa and Brianna!


Dinner Out with Lisa and Brianna

For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while now, you know that Miss Lisa is one of those people who has been instrumental in transforming my life after illness. She is the person I reached out to, ten years after I first became sick, to see if I could find a way to attend a Wynton Marsalis concert. Since that first outing, we've been to many other concerts--and had many other big time surprises from Lisa! 

How do you thank someone who has changed your life? I struggle with this on a daily basis. How do I express enough gratitude towards those who have given me so much? How do I try to pay it forward? Can I ever really pay someone back?

We made a little stab at thanking Lisa and her daughter, Brianna, for all of their love, support and encouragement by celebrating with a dinner out. We were all excited to have me well enough to go out to eat a meal, catch up and just enjoy each other's company. 


A Sutton Foster Send-Off



Pictured above is yet another reason Lisa is a bit difficult to top when it comes to creative and big ideas. The night before we left for the beach this year, we went to see Sutton Foster in concert--which was an excellent way to get us into vacation mood! Foster is entertaining, cheerful and fun. 

What did Lisa do? Surprised me with a program signed by Foster, her pianist, her bassist, and her best friend who sang with her.

Yeah, I'll never top getting to meet Wynton Marsalis, Joshua Bell, this signed program, or having happy birthday sung to me by the entire staff. I can only hope that Lisa knows how deeply her life has changed mine, that I've shown her my gratitude with words and gestures and the smile on my face, and that just knowing her impact reminds her how amazing she is.

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: