FAQs

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Quick Update from Our 'Herd'...


I haven't posted in almost a month, which has left some people worried and wondering how we are doing here. So, here is a quick check-in. Hopefully, I'll be back to blogging again soon. 


Last time I posted, Mom had just arrived home from the hospital. So first, the update on Mom.


Mom is doing GREAT! She is almost at the one month post-surgery mark. We are truly amazed at how well the recovery has gone. What a difference from her rotator cuff surgery and recovery. After the first couple of weeks, she was able to start driving again so she's able to go to the grocery, farmer's market, etc. We were all happier once she was 'free' again. :)


She still needs to restrict her lifting to no more than five pounds and take it easy. She certainly is not back to her normal energy level, but we expected this. She usually takes a little nap in the afternoons (while Fuzz sleeps right next to her). Her voice is still not quite back to normal and her throat still has a bit of a tickle in it. 


The recovery has been so much better and easier than we could have imagined. Still, she did not get ANY pain relief from her lower back/leg/hip pain, so she is very antsy to get the next surgery on her lumber spine.










I have been feeling very poorly, which has been disappointing to say the least. Dr. Complex is working with me to do everything he can to help me regain some quality of life. I will try to write a separate post (or posts) on that. Basically, I have had no break in the severity of symptoms lately.


Again, I've found myself using most of my energy on survival. Otherwise I try to do things that will lift my spirits. We are trying to get a StRoll in every evening (either me and Mom or me and Jeannine) to enjoy the beautiful trees, fresh air, singing birds, and prolific bunnies. Tomorrow night, I am planning to go see Jane Eyre...no matter what! 


Thanks your concern. We didn't meant to leave you all worrying (although your worry gene was correct when it come to my well-being). Thankfully, though, Mom is doing great.


Asher is starting to act like an old man, but otherwise, he is taking excellent care of us. He loves all of the napping going on here, as well as the times Mom and I watch TV or movies together in the evening. Nothing makes him happier than having his herd all in one place. :) Nothing makes us happier either. 


Blessings,


Emily

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Yes, you have been quiet recently and I was a little worried but also knew you and your mom needed serious down time. I am so glad your momis recovering so well! But so sorry the pain has not improved for her with this step. I love your description of Asher with all the naps, etc. Takoda is the same way. He is happiest when everyone is relaxing around the house, especially napping. Maybe b/c he can fully participate! I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. I hope that Dr Complex has a lot of ideas still. As always I am thinking of you--and your Mom too.