FAQs

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Ms. One-derful!


Before I start blogging about tougher stuff, I wanted to throw in some of the 'good stuff'! 

Lanadoodles just turned ONE! In honor of this milestone Sarah bought her a little shirt that said: Ms. One-derful. This past Saturday, Sarah, Bob and Ms. One-derful came over so that we could celebrate this wonderful little girl together.

Mom helped me make gluten-free, dairy-free strawberry cupcakes. (In other words, she did most of the work). We wanted to make these cupcakes because Lana and Sarah love everything PINK. 


Lana loved hearing the birthday song. Sarah brought hats and noise makers for all of us.


She isn't sure what she thinks of cake or cupcakes. 


Lana kept us all entertained by taking all of Asher's toys out of the toy boxes. She was pretty pooped out from a long week at the beach and a long day of traveling in the car. 



Auntie Em and Lana


All tired out and ready to head home for a nap. 

Lana has me wrapped around her little finger. I wish we lived closer so I could see her more often!

In the midst of this long period of feeling so poorly, it was really wonderful to see Ms. One-derful and celebrate her birthday with Sarah and Bob. I've known Sarah since I was in 9th grade and she was in 10th grade (a long time!). 

Our visit fell on the 13 year anniversary of me getting sick--June 18. I didn't want to dwell on my anniversary this year, so having our little party was just what I needed.

Happy Birthday Ms. One-derful!

Love, 
Auntie Em

No comments: