FAQs

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Virtual Walk to Turn the Corner on Lyme Disease

Me and Mr. Fuzz outside in the yard today.
Sadly, it is easy enough to get a tick bite in your own backyard.


Today is May 1st. May Day. The 2nd birthday of one of my favorite little boys. Time for the May flowers that come after April showers. 


Today is also the first day of Lyme Disease Awareness Month, in which I am very excited to be participating for the first time this year. I have decided to be a part of the 1st Annual International Virtual Walk to Turn the Corner on May 15th, 2011. 


Please check out my very own fundraising page to learn more about this event and to read my summary of why I am participating in it. I encourage you to visit my page even if you are not able to or are not interested in making a donation.





As much as we all love Spring, it brings with it the unwelcome presence of ticks. Throughout this month, and beyond, I hope to continue to blog more about Lyme Disease and why I hope to become more involved in speaking up about it.  (I do not have the intention of changing the focus of my blog, only to add another dimension to it over time.)


For now, please consider joining me on May 15th, 2011 by making a small donation ($5 or $10) and cheering me on with your Lime green pom poms! (I'd pick pink, but that's just not the color for Lyme Disease awareness!).


Today, Mom and I will also engage in our ritual of applying Asher's monthly dose of Frontline to keep him as safe as possible from Lyme disease and ticks. Please keep yourself and your loved ones as safe as possible from ticks, Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses during what is looking to be a prolific year for ticks all over the country.


Blessings and Thank you in advance for your support!


Emily

No comments: