FAQs

Friday, May 06, 2011

Happy 'Gotcha Day' To My Favorite Little Guy!

Kisses from my favorite little guy.

Today, May 6th, is Asher's 'Gotcha Day'. Other than a little taste of some leftover fish from dinner (which Asher LOVED!), the celebration here was low-key.


Still, the significance of the day and the joyful spirit that is Asher did not go unnoticed. 


Mom snapped this photo of me and Asher last weekend in our yard after we had been on our little picnic. I was trying to get him to pose for a photo, but he wasn't sitting still!


As you can see, he makes me smile fully and completely.  Even on the days when I don't think I have it in me to smile or laugh he finds a way to make me--by digging for just the right toy in his toy boxes, by reminding us it's time to eat darnit, by galloping around the house squeaking toys, by jumping up on 'his' ottoman/throne and sitting there as if he is king, by needing to be wherever we are at all times even if it means we trip over him, by snuggling in bed next to me snoring, by enjoying a really good scratch on the toosh, by thinking going for a ride in the car is the best things since that fish he had for a treat tonight.


  In the mornings when I am trying to wake up, Asher is usually waiting outside my door for me to get up. I say: "Good morning Sunshine!" He responds by shaking off, sitting down to scratch, looking at me, and finally jumping up on the bed to smother me with kisses. How can that not make me smile?


We have had three dogs now, all of them wonderful, but none with the super-sized personality that Asher has. 


Asher: We hope your nine years here with us bring you as much joy as you bring us. We think you are a bit dramatic when you act as if you've had a rough life!


Blessings,


Emily

No comments: