FAQs

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two Girls with Crazy Bodies

Me and Ellen. 

Two girls with crazy bodies.
Two years of texting and Facebooking about crazy bodies.
Two hours together face-to-face, finally made possible with cooperation of crazy bodies.


Ellen wrote that great summary of our visit a couple of weeks ago. Somehow, while clicking around on FB two years ago she discovered my blog and since then she's left many wise and insightful comments, inspired me with her creativity as a metal worker (I wear her jewelry almost every day), and we've done lots of texting. Despite the fact that we live less than ten minutes apart it took us this long to coordinate a visit! I'm so glad we finally met in person and talked face to face. We may not get to have the face to face interaction often, but it was really special to finally meet the person I'd been texting with and who had been such a wonderful supporter of my journey. 

I've met so many amazing young women making the most of life with chronic illness. People like Ellen inspire me to create meaning in my life in spite of my illness.

Blessings,

Emily


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yay! What a special opportunity! I can sadly understand why it took 2 years to coordinate. :-)