FAQs

Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby Quinn (+ a little update)



Rebekah, Quinn, and me.

I had a wonderful outing today to see Rebekah and meet her new baby boy, Quinn. The outing was exciting on so many levels: 1. I got to see Rebekah, 2. I went to HER house for the first time ever, instead of her coming to visit me, 3. I was there for almost three hours, and 4. I got lots of snuggle time with Quinn. The only thing I didn't get to do was see Mr. Kale, who was napping. 

Me and Quinn!

Quinn fell asleep for two hours after Rebekah nursed him. I laid down on her big sofa, and Quinn slept for TWO hours in my arms. He is not even three weeks old and not quite 8 pounds. Rebekah and I got to chat the whole time, too. :)

Quinn.

I've fallen fairly silent in the blogging department lately. For a change, the reason for my lack of blogging is because the news here has been GOOD. My health has been improving, I've had new outings, and I'm feeling a little bit more like a human being. The farther I get from 2010, the more I realize how awful that year truly was. And I also have renewed hope in the power of the body to heal, even after so much trauma and sickness. 

Mostly, the changes have happened just within the past three weeks or so, almost so fast that I'm not quite sure if they are 'real'. As my friend K says: "it's like handling an expensive, delicate piece of glass in a store.  You don't even want to breathe or speak for fear it will shatter on the floor." 

It feels scary to say I'm feeling better and seeing improvements because I've been disappointed so many times before. And I know there will be setbacks. But for now, I'm just enjoying every day that I wake up in my improving body. 

I haven't been the best at pacing, so I'm hoping to have a quiet week next week for correspondence and hopefully blogging. Every time I've attempted to blog, I've been unable to assimilate all that has been happening in the past month. 

Thank you to all of you who are celebrating each joyous outing and improvement with me! And for all of your continued prayers and encouragement.

Blessings,

Emily


1 comment:

Tess said...

I am so happy to hear things are improving! :)