FAQs

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Miss Rebekah and Mr. Happypants Visit!


All I have to say is that Rebekah rocks! She made a gluten-free dairy-free lunch, packed it up, brought it over, arrived with the lunch and Kale in tow, got out the dishes and beverages, cleaned up, and did it all with such ease. (I do suppose it helps that she was a caregiver and knows what I need, but still!). Rebekah is also really good at 'initiating' contact, which is something that can make a big difference when I get down and sometimes withdraw.

I was such a crankypants the last two days after another med trial gone bad. This time for Tricor. Yesterday I wondered how I would be up for a visit today. But no matter what, seeing Rebekah and Kale cheers me up. And really distracts me from all of my worries. It's hard not to be distracted now that Kale is kicking, giggling, smiling, babbling, grabbing. And in between Rebekah and I are trying to catch up on all of our news!




Kale has grown so much since I saw him six weeks ago! Look at him try to sit up! He's also not much of a fussypants at all anymore. :) We wanted to make sure to squeeze in one more good visit before I go back on the 'unmentionables', as Rebekah calls them.




He loves his bouncy seat with the woodland animals. He's very intense and serious!




Does this count as my workout for the day?



Aaaaawwwwww. Isn't he cute?

When Rebekah got pregnant we knew things would change, and didn't know if she would be able to continue doing massages. She also had been helping me with cleaning sessions on a regular basis. I miss having her help me with both of those things, but more than anything I worried that we'd lose touch. We always spent so much of our time sharing in each other's lives.

I feel incredibly blessed that we have been able to transition seamlessly from a caregiver relationship to a friendship. We were always friends but now we are 'just friends', and it's been amazing to be a part of her life as a mother, and to watch Kale grow and blossom.

Thank you Miss Rebekah! You both lifted my spirits so much today.

Blessings,

Emily

Photos: Rebekah and Kale--every time he sees the camera he stops smiling and starts focusing on the camera with such seriousness!; Trying to get Kale to smile for the camera; bouncy seat + woodland animals = happiness; Me and Kale; Me and Mr. Happypants

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Sorry your latest med trial didn't go well.
Looks like you had a fun day.

Unknown said...

Em, though it often doesn't feel like it... you are very very blessed!