FAQs

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

THANK YOU for all of your support!

All I can say is WOW. I'm overwhelmed. I really didn't know how folks would receive my Oprah email.

Would y'all think I was crazy? Self-indulgent? Or just goofy (which I am)? I also have a dog affectionately named Goofy Doofy by Anne, so I suppose he and I were meant to be a pair, eh? Or was Anne indirectly referring to me when she gave Asher that nickname? Hmmmmm....

Several folks have said that they would write letters to Oprah. So THANK YOU in advance for doing so. I can't believe my crazy excitement over this.

Anne was up way past her bedtime last night composing her letter--which I am sure will top anything I could ever write! :)

Anyways, I know many of you are very, very busy with the holiday season. A couple of folks asked me how long I thought the topic would be up on the Oprah site. I can't answer this question, because I've never followed this sort of thing before!

But, I would think that the snail mail addresses would be applicable for quite some time. If the links to the specific topics in my earlier blog no longer work, I would guess the topic is 'closed.' HOWEVER, you can still write to the Oprah show by going to www.Oprah.com and clicking the 'Be on the Show' link. You'll find various ways to share a story.

Nate Berkus has his own little 'spot' at the following link (you'll see a little box with his picture and you click on it to write to him): http://www2.oprah.com/tows/intheworks/tows_works_main.jhtml

So, while the exact topics may change, I would think it would still be possible to write considering I have already written in and you are just adding to a topic I wrote about.

They always just say "Send your story as soon as possible." But what is that??? Who knows!

A couple of folks also addressed the idea of the show Extreme Home Makeover. I appreciate the sentiments that I would be a good candidate for this show, but in reality we are not in that much need compared to those families who so need the help of that show. They deserve it and need it a hundred times more than I do.

I chose the Oprah show because it was a bit less, well 'extreme', and fit what I felt we needed and wanted. Not to mention the fact that I love Oprah. Or did I say that already? In an email with another DINET friend who just remodeled her home, she spoke of how much home mattered to her and what a difference it made in her happiness and ability to have the best life possible with her limitations.

I am so lucky to have what I already have. I don't 'need' this. I just really, really 'want' it I guess. I feel that having a more comfortable home for myself, my mom and visitors would enhance my quality of life.

Thank you for all of your support! I'm having way too much fun! :)

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: